WHAT IS THE MOS T IMPORTAN T INFORMATION
I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IMFINZI?
IMFINZI is a medicine that may treat a type of lung
cancer by working with your immune system.
IMFINZI can cause your immune system to attack
normal organs and tissues and can affect the way
they work. These problems can sometimes
become serious or life-threatening and can lead
Call or see your healthcare provider right away
if you develop any symptoms of the following
problems or these symptoms get worse:
Lung problems (pneumonitis). Signs and
symptoms of pneumonitis may include:
• new or worsening cough
• shortness of breath
• chest pain
Liver problems (hepatitis). Signs and symptoms
of hepatitis may include:
• yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes
• severe nausea or vomiting
• pain on the right side of your stomach
• dark urine (tea colored)
• bleeding or bruising more easily than normal
• feeling less hungry than usual
Intestinal problems (colitis). Signs and symptoms
of colitis may include:
• diarrhea or more bowel movements than usual
• stools that are black, tarry, sticky, or have
blood or mucus
• severe stomach area (abdomen) pain
Hormone gland problems (especially the
thyroid, adrenals, pituitary and pancreas).
Signs and symptoms that your hormone glands are
not working properly may include:
• headaches that will not go away or unusual
• extreme tiredness
• weight gain or weight loss
• dizziness or fainting
• feeling more hungry or thirsty than usual
• hair loss
• changes in mood or behavior, such as
decreased sex drive, irritability, or forgetfulness
• feeling cold
• your voice gets deeper
• urinating more often than usual
• nausea or vomiting
• stomach area (abdomen) pain
Kidney problems, including nephritis and kidney
failure. Signs of kidney problems may include:
• decrease in the amount of urine
• blood in your urine
• swelling of your ankles
• loss of appetite
Skin problems. Signs of these problems may include:
• skin blistering
Problems in other organs. Signs and symptoms
• neck stiffness
• chest pain, shortness of breath, or irregular
• changes in mood or behavior
• low red blood cells (anemia)
• excessive bleeding or bruising
• muscle weakness or muscle pain
• blurry vision, double vision, or other vision problems
• eye pain or redness
Severe infections. Signs and symptoms may include:
• frequent urination
• pain when urinating
• flu-like symptoms
Severe infusion reactions. Signs and symptoms
of severe infusion reactions may include:
• chills or shaking
• itching or rash
• shortness of breath or wheezing
• feel like passing out
• back or neck pain
• facial swelling
Getting medical treatment right away may help
keep these problems from becoming more serious.
Your healthcare provider will check you for these
problems during your treatment with IMFINZI. Your
healthcare provider may treat you with corticosteroid
or hormone replacement medicines. Your healthcare
provider may delay or completely stop treatment with
IMFINZI, if you have severe side effects.
WHAT IS IMFINZI?
IMFINZI is a prescription medicine used to treat:
• a type of lung cancer called non-small cell
lung cancer (NSCLC). IMFINZI may be used
when your NSCLC:
• has not spread outside your chest
• cannot be removed by surgery, and
• has responded or stabilized with initial
treatment with chemotherapy that
contains platinum, given at the same
time as radiation therapy.
It is not known if IMFINZI is safe and effective
Before you receive IMFINZI, tell your healthcare
provider about all of your medical conditions,
including if you:
• have immune system problems such as
Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or lupus
• have had an organ transplant
• have lung or breathing problems
• have liver problems
• are being treated for an infection
• are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
IMFINZI can harm your unborn baby. If you are
able to become pregnant, you should use an
effective method of birth control during your
treatment and for at least 3 months after the
last dose of IMFINZI. Talk to your healthcare
provider about birth control methods that you
can use during this time. Tell your healthcare
provider right away if you become pregnant
during treatment with IMFINZI.
• are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not
known if IMFINZI passes into your breast milk.
Do not breastfeed during treatment and for at
least 3 months after the last dose of IMFINZI.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines
you take, including prescription and over-the-counter
medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE IMFINZI?
• Your healthcare provider will give you IMFINZI
into your vein through an intravenous (IV) line
over 60 minutes.
• IMFINZI is usually given every 2 weeks.
• Your healthcare provider will decide how many
treatments you need.
• Your healthcare provider will test your blood to
check you for certain side effects.
• If you miss any appointments, call your
healthcare provider as soon as possible to
reschedule your appointment.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
IMFINZI CAN CAUSE SERIOUS SIDE
SEE “WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTAN T
INFORMATION I SHOULD KNOW ABOU T IMFINZI?”
The most common side effects of IMFINZI in people
with NSCLC include:
• feeling tired
• inflammation in the lungs (pneumonitis)
• upper respiratory tract infections
• shortness of breath
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side
effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of IMFINZI.
Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for
more information. Call your healthcare provider for
medical advice about side effects. You may report
side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE SAFE
AND EFFECTIVE USE OF IMFINZI.
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes
other than those listed in a Medication Guide. If you
would like more information about IMFINZI, talk
with your healthcare provider. You can ask your
healthcare provider for information about IMFINZI
that is written for health professionals.
This Patient Information has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Issued: 02/2018
Astra Zeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, Wilmington, DE 19850
US License No. 2043
IMFINZI is a registered trademark of the Astra Zeneca group
of companies. For more information, call 1-800-236-9933 or go
©AstraZeneca 2018. All rights reserved. US-12937 03/18
TRIM SIZE: 7.75” X 10. 5”